Easily comply with the most stringent data privacy regulation in the world
Enforced since 2018
EU consumers have rights:
- Withdraw consent for data processing anytime
- Correct or delete personal data upon request
- Right to know personal data retention periods
- Opt-out of solely automated decision-making and profiling
As a business, you have new obligations:
- Present a clear privacy notice detailing data handling, controller identity, processing purposes, legal basis, and user rights
- Enable users to exercise rights, including DSARs
- Practice data minimization for collection and processing
- Perform data privacy impact assessments and enforce cybersecurity measures to protect data
Financial and reputational risks for a business:
- Severe violations: Fines up to €20 million or 4% of global turnover
- Less severe violations: Fines up to €10 million or 2% of annual turnover
- Risk of reputation damage and customer loss. 40% of consumers would switch brands after a negative privacy experience*
* source: Google/IPSOS
Helping you solve for GDPR compliance
Monitor tracker activity and regain control of your ecosystem
Gain a clear vision of site activity and lower your third-party compliance risk with automated scans and breach detection.
Align your consent notices with the cookies and trackers deployed on your site
Deploy the right consent banner for the right location, prioritizing UX and transparency for higher consent rates and more efficient use of resources.
Empower your users with simple, transparent ways to access their rights.
Effortlessly manage and track user requests (DSAR), ensuring timely, transparent and compliant responses.
Didomi helps you solve the challenges of GDPR
GDPR - METRICS
Impact on analytics
Without user consent under GDPR, you cannot measure analytical performance (sessions/sales) or share data with your MarTech ecosystem.
Important: server-side tracking is not exempt. If users do not give their consent, you will have to calculate performance using data modelling.
GDPR - MARKETING
Impact on media performance
As a business, your ability to run remarketing audiences depends on users providing consent.
If users do not consent, you cannot track conversions, resulting in lower in-platform performance and fewer data points for AI optimization.
If you are a website publisher, you won't be able to maximize advertising revenue without consent.
GDPR - UX
Impact on user experience
Ensuring choices are respected and giving them simple and transparent ways to access their data at all times will reinforce user trust.
A reliable and efficient consent management process will prevent users from leaving a website due to confusing language or off-putting consent banners.